Re: Problems with Custom MS Internet Explorer (IEAK3.02a)

Sam Akhtar ( (no email) )
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:41:04 -0400

>On Tuesday, July 08, 1997 11:49 PM, Joseph Covey wrote:
>> Is anyone else having any problems with the Custom MSIE they are
>> providing to there customers? We seem to have more than few
Installation
>> problems such as missing .dll's and slow installing. I have tried
>> re-building my distribution files but same things still happen.
>> Is this a problem with IEAK 3.02a?
>>
>> Thanks in advance...;)
>
>Personally I have worked with the IEAK from version1 through 3.02b
AND

>I hereby declare it unmitigated, unsupported, world class, industrial
grade garbage.

>Just my opinion.

Well, for what it's worth we've been able to get every version to work
out fine so far. Check out http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ieak/fame.htm
for starters. We've got everything from the custom favorites to the
animated logo in there. It did take some work, and a lot of RTM and
STW, but we 'dun' it...

Regards,

Sam R. Akhtar Operations & Engineering
IBIS, Inc. FrontPage, ASP, Java and more!
http://www.ibisnet.net/ srakhtar@ibisnet.net
P: 813.265.0275 F: 813.265.0788