Re: NT Routing/Bridging (was: Windows 95 Networking....)

Eric Fagan ( (no email) )
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 19:07:54 -0600

Hi-
I think my problem is probably the lack of a correct static route. I
don't mind using the lowest & highest net - it's called "real world"
subnetting. (I'm simply not going to give up 1/2 of all my addresses
simply to split a net into two - subnetting was supposed to "save" IP
address space, heheh) I utilize low & high nets on different WAN's, & have
never run into trouble. I have heard, however, that certain (older?)
equipment may have trouble with this. I'm assuming (bad, I know) that NT
will not complain about low & high subnets in use.

See http://www.completeis.com/subnet/lowhigh.html for an opinion about real
world subnetting. His regular tutorial is at www.completeis.com/subnet .

Eric Fagan
mailserve@pdqnet.net