Re: NT Permission Blues

Kevin Seyer ( ks@beltline.com )
Tue, 08 Jul 1997 02:40:10 -0500

Ray,

Driver letter mappings are valid in the context of a user profile. For
instance, a mapping of F: to a particular machine and directory could
differ based on who was logged in locally. Seems to me that at the time
SERV-U starts (which is prior to and non-dependent on a user logging in
locally) there are no mapped drives.

I wonder if SERV-U can handle a universal naming convention (UNC) entry in
its parameters.
For example: \\myserver\somedirectory instead of F:\somedirectory
With a UNC, the shared directory is available as soon as the networking
service starts in NT. The account that SRVANY uses must have permissions
to the shared directory.

Hope this helps,
Kevin Seyer
Dolphin Communications Inc.