Re: Re[2]: modems upgrade

Stephen Farquhar ( swf@zen.ocean.com.au )
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 10:32:07 +1000

Wow. I thought this may have been only an Australian thing given the support for USR material in the U.S. but...

Whenever we have anybody dial in with a modem connectivity problem the FIRST question we ask is "Is your modem either a USR or a KTX ?". 90% of the time that is the source of the problem. We have even become attuned to the sounds of US Robotics modems trying to connect with our analog modems they are so bad.

We regularly encourage new users to exchange their USR's for cheap taiwanese clones because of the dollar savings and the better performance!

Cheers,

Steve.