Re: IE dialer hassles

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:33:48 -0400

Ted, are you using MS IEAK to create your MSIE installation disks? If so,
there might be something wrong in there.

For our Windows 3.1x users, we use MSIE 3.02a Full-install (4-3.5" disks)
and it works 100% of the time (so long as the user doesn't have an RPI or
some other non-cooperative piece of junk modem). Every once in a while,
we'll come across some error about an environment variable not being loaded
in autoexec.bat, but that's easily fixed by moving anything with
"c:\iexplore" in it to an area in autoexec.bat after the PATH statement and
before loading any other batch files, as well as the "win" line. Sometimes
MSIE puts a few lines at the very beginning of autoexec.bat and so long as
those lines are moved, everything works fine.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com