RE: NT4.0 - MS BACKUP

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:34:52 +0200

Out of my expierence -we're using HP 1533's, too- this could be caused
by other SCSI devices that are not 'compatible' with the HP drives. I
saw this problem especially with CD-ROM drives (mainly NEC) on the same
SCSI controller.
Propably you alredy checked that:
1. nothing has changed with cabling, term power and termination
2. you cleaned the drive with a *new* cleaning tape at least 4 times.

If nothing helps, try if replacing the drive helps. It might have been
damaged by too few cleaning (very critical with this model).
-
Peter A. Sang
SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany
T: +49-201-82020-0 * F:-40 * http://sang.net * mailto:pesa@sang.net
* Microsoft Solution Provider * Intel Systems Integrator *