Re: RFC 812

Randy Martin ( randy@austintx.net )
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:51:59 -0500

At 06:11 PM 6/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I had this problem the other day try adding US under
>country in your registration at InterNic...
>But good luck I have been having trouble registering or
>changing anything for about 3 days...

Having the correct country in your registration at Internic is a good idea,
but will NOT solve this problem. You must get your reverse lookup working
in your DNS. My guess is you don't have authority over the
139.226.38.in-addr.arpa zone. You have to request it from whoever you got
your Class C from. Then you have to have BIND setup correctly so that
you're the primary for that reverse domain. Microsoft attempts to find your
host name from the IP address to verify that you are indeed a domestic
customer and not from out of the country. If you don't have reverse lookup
working, they can't find you.

Regards,
Randy

Randy Martin Voice: (512) 335-2368