Re: modems upgrade

Richard Fink ( rfink@worldpassage.net )
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 12:37:47 -0700

At 09:45 6/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>We are currently looking at putting in 5 PM3's (Livingston) with 48 True
>Digital modems for about $14,000.00 and the multitech commplete with 48
>true digital modems for about $15,000.00 (the 96 port is $28,704). With
>regard to x2 vs. flex, who can tell. One key thing that's making us lean
>to x2 is the fact that USR is owned by 3com, and now has much much larger
>distribution channels and OEM agreements since 3com left the flex camp and
>joined x2 after the purchase. I pick x2.....maybe.
>
>Adam

You say you pick x2....maybe, but above it looked like you picked Flex...
Did I misread you ? Are the PM3 True Digital Modems software upgradeable ?
It seems to me that THAT (and price) are the real criteria. Because the
final spec will most likely not be EXACTLY either choice available today.

We are in the same decision process period right now.

-Ric

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
WorldPassage is a Premier Internet Service Provider
owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.