Re: horsepower vs # of RAS ports

Richard Fink ( rfink@worldpassage.net )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:54:31 -0700

It's our experience that a server that is handling only RAS dial-in lines
is not taxed very much at all. If you are using the same machine for other
server functions, it might add up to be a lot.

-Ric

At 10:16 6/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi ppl,
>
>Does anyone know what kind of horsepower (CPU/RAM) is required/recommended
>for a given number of RAS ports?
>
>The reason I'm asking is because I get multiple successive logon attempts
>(indicating that the modem is simply dropping the connection right after
>authentication) during my peak periods. I'm wondering if I simply don't
>have enough horsepower. I've ruled out the possibility of a bad modem or
>port.
>
>TIA
>
>Rk

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
WorldPassage is a Premier Internet Service Provider
owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.