Re: IIS 2.0 and 3.0 bug

Troy T. Hall ( (no email) )
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 23:14:04 -0700

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE,.... NOw THATS what I call service... THANK you very
much josh... As you can see by my mail it just happened to me last night @
2300 :-) and I JUST discovered it a few minutes ago.

SYMPTOMS
==========
Internet Information Server services are stopped and a Dr. Watson error is
generated referencing the Inetinfo.exe process.

CAUSE
======
The Internet Information Server services will stop when it receives a CGI
request from a browser that contains between 4k to 8k chunk of data in the
URL.

STATUS
======
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Internet Information Server

version 2.0 and 3.0

Thanks to dear josh below, I have installed the fix :-}

Troy