Re: SSL Certificates

Adam Dillaplain ( adam@calpha.com )
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:22:19 -0500

If you use approach #2, you have to buy a new cert for each company/domain
($290.00 from Verisign). If you can convince them that the comapanies are
related, it is $290 for the first and $90 each additional. We use the
shared approach with a BIG disclaimer on each SSL page.

Adam

At 01:13 AM 6/18/97 -0600, you wrote:
>How do most of you guys deal with SSL? Management here has suggested
>purchasing one SSL certificate under our ISP company name & using it for
>any business clients who wish to have secure order forms. I was under the
>opinion, however, that it would be preferable for each business client to
>purchase their own SSL certificate so that any Internet related CreditCard
>troubles are reflected on the client business company name & not our own.
>Opinions?
>
>Eric
>mailserve@pdqnet.net

---------------------------------------
Net.Solutions
Internet Consulting -- Web Publishing
Waco, Texas
Phone: 888-407-0239
Adam Dillaplain
adam@ntsolutions.com
Providers of:
TexasINTERNET -- Waco's Leading Internet Service Provider
adam@texasinternet.com
Private E-mail: ir002616@interramp.com
|Some men see things as they are and ask, "Why?" |
|I dream things that never were and ask, "Why not?" |
| --George Bernard Shaw |