Re: Port of Bind With NT4-Unknowns

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:37:17 -0000

Hi.

People would usually recommend the book "DNS and BIND" by Paul Albitz. Th=
ey
say it's the authoritative book on this subject. I haven't got a copy yet=
,
so I had to make do with my Linux book. There is a section there detailin=
how t set up the DNS server properly. I used to to configure my BIND NT. =
=20

It didn't work at first because I didn't put=20

myserver IN A 172.31.1.1 ( or whatever your IP address is =
)

in the DB.ZONEINFO file.

But after that, it worked already. You could and should also read the
BOG.WRI file included with BIND NT.

- Danny Sinang