RE: IIS

Mike Topalovich ( Topalovich@terraglyph.com )
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:02:57 -0500

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like you're looking for IIS to be a
firewall or a proxy, which I wouldn't trust it to do even if it did have
the capabilities. Please elaborate what you're trying to do, because
I'm not sure I'm getting what you're trying to accomplish.

Mike Topalovich
Beltaine Network Communications

Topalovich@TerraGlyph.com

-----Original Message-----
From: James C Watts [SMTP:jwatts@midsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 1997 12:33 PM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: IIS

is there any way, with the version of IIS that came with NT 3.51
restrict access to a certain site to people with a certain IP,
and outside
people going to another site. We are trying to setup an
intranet for a
company, and I was wondering if we could do it on one PC. I
know that IIS
has the stop to grant access to a certain IP group, but that
would apply to
the external too right? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.....