RE: 56K / X2 pricing

Chuck Neville ( cneville@neville.net )
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:47:13 -0400

Yes, but how much longer can ISP's truly hold the price at $19.95 per month
and still offer high quality service with few or no busies. It is just not
in the economics. It has to change or we will all be doing something else
in a few months or years. I believe it will have to start happening about
the first of the year. If users want unlimited access, no busies, and top
quality tech support, the price has to increase. I also believe it is a sad
mistake to offer 56k at the same prices as 28.8 or 33.6. The investment is
much higher, tech support will be much tougher and time consuming, and
dealing with the phone companies will be more of a pain then it is now.

At 04:34 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>We are all too busy cutting each other's prices to make a profit. But we
are all having fun! Right?

Thanks

Chuck Neville
http://www.neville.net