Re: 56K / X2 pricing

Richard Fink ( rfink@worldpassage.net )
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:13:07 -0700

We would like to charge maybe a $10 premium per month... but our
competitors aren't so we're locked.

Another possibility. Why aren't we ALL (has to be ALL) giving 60 days
free support to a new signup and then charging $20 a call for it. We get
people who want endless tech support over the long term,... because they
"clean-up" their hard disk among other reasons.

Tech support is a profit killer in this bus.

Any thoughts out here ?

-Ric

At 09:38 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to but knowing my competition I doubt if it would be possible
>as they compete solely on price.
>
>We were the last isp in our area to use flat rate pricing but we still have
>a clause concerning maximum time per month.
>
>Mike Kuzenko
>NetDotCom Internet Services
>330-369-3617
>mikek@netdotcom.com
>
>----------
>From: Jim D. <jimd@eagledesign.com>
>To: 'NTISP List' <NTISP@emerald.iea.com>
>Subject: 56K / X2 pricing
>Date: Monday, June 16, 1997 8:36 AM
>
>Just curious if any ISPs providing (or planning) for 56K flex or X2 modems
>are charging an extra premium for the service. Any feedback on this is
>appreciated.

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
WorldPassage is a Premier Internet Service Provider
owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.