RE: Novice on Win Nt needs some advice

Pacific Internet ( "Pacific )
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:56:40 +0800

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, THIS HELPS ME A LOT.
MY 56.6 LINE IS ON A MODEM, BECAUSE THE SERVICE PROVIDER HERE HAS NO OTHER
FACILITIES, I AM IN ASIA WITH THIS SERVER.
SO I UNDERSTAND, THAT I USE THE STANDALONE MODE, AND THEN THE OTHER
COMPUTERS ON THE NETWORK GET A SEPARATE IP ADRESS, AND ROUTE THROUGH THE LAN
CARD IN THE SERVER.
THANK YOU
>From null@emerald.iea.com Sun Jun 15 01:11:55 1997
>From: "Ritchie" <ritchie@kyeng.com>
>To: "'ntisp@emerald.iea.com'" <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
>Subject: RE: Novice on Win Nt needs some advice
>Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 10:11:24 -0700
>
>If you have a 56k line then you have a router on I assume a 10T hub. The
router is your gateway for both nt and win95. If you dont want to use nt for
any thing but the internet server then use stand alone server mode. It's
just another computer on your network. But you'll need seprate ip address
for each machine unless you use proxie server which is much more involved.