Here's how our IIS 3.0 server is set up:
NT 4.0 Server SP3 / Intel P166 / 96MB RAM / 64MB pagefile
physical drive (2-2GB drives) / letter
1 C: (WinNT, other progs)
1 W: (our main website)
\index.html (default page)
1 F: (FTP files)
R: (CDROM drive)
2 D: (Virtually hosted domains)
2 U: (personal webspace for customers)
- .html files also process SSIs (just as an .stm file would).
- CGI files are all located in a directory on the main website drive, but
there's a virtual reference to it in IIS Manager (so that it's accessible
for scripts from any website on our server).
- IIS is NOT installed in the default location (C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv).
- index.html is the default page.
- directory browsing is not enabled at the moment.
- Serv-U FTP is used to link the user db (Emerald/SQL) to directories on D:
and U:. Serv-U runs on another server so it has a different dns name / IP
address from our main FTP server/files.
- Currently IIS handles the main FTP, while Serv-U grants access for users
to the appropriate directory on D: and U:.
Thanks for any info!