Re: auto switchers

Jason Hess ( jjhess@laf.cioe.com )
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:46:46 -0400

Richard Fink wrote:

> What did this little unit cost ?
>
> -Ric
>
> At 19:56 6/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >I just purchased the Omniview 6 port AT switcher by belkin. Its a great
> >product that allows me to have many computers on one montitor/kbd/mouse
> >combination. However it has just one minor flaw. On the box it says "
> >ctrl+alt+shift+[portnumber]+enter to change systems. This is incorrect.
> >The correct sequence is ctrl+shift+alt {release} [portnumber] {release}
> >{enter}.
> >
> >Don't know if this is useful to anyone, but I thought maybe some of you
> >might run into the same thing.
> >
> >Troy
> >Lemoore Computers and Internet Service
> >http://www.lemoorecomputers.com
> >TroyH@lemoorecomputers.com
> >209-925-1577

> Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
> WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
> P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
> Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
> WorldPassage is a Premier Internet Service Provider
> owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.

For a 6-porter, we pay $249. A couple of other companies make
one similar to the Belkin, but I wouldn't suggest them.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am not the guy who wrote the
letter, I just happened to be somebody else spoiled by 2 of the
6-porters :)
By the way, they are fully automatic, so if a computer reboots
and the current viewing screen is a different machine, it won't give you
any silly "no keyboard present" errors. It really was worth the money,
especially since we freed up 11 monitors and 11 keyboards..

Good Luck,
Jason Hess
Assistant Systems Administrator
CIOE Corporation