Re: DNS Problem

Adam Dillaplain ( adam@calpha.com )
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:07:01 -0500

I may be alittle off target here, but I was told that the internal NT DNS
server was not for WAN use..i.e. it was designed to be authoritative on all
hosts, sorta the PDC of DNS lookups.

Adam

At 05:18 AM 6/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:12 PM 6/10/97 -0000, you wrote:
>>I am using NT's built-in DNS server. Are you sure it can use NAMED.ROOT ? I
>>looked at the contents of NAMED.ROOT and they are the same as those in the
>>DNS server's Cache ( Cache.dns ).
>>
>>- Danny Sinang
>
>I will not lie to you, That is one DNS program I have not used, so I am
>afraid I can not be of any further assistance.
>
>Jeff Brissette

---------------------------------------
Net.Solutions
Internet Consulting -- Web Publishing
Waco, Texas
Phone: 888-407-0239
Adam Dillaplain
adam@ntsolutions.com
Providers of:
TexasINTERNET -- Waco's Leading Internet Service Provider
adam@texasinternet.com
Private E-mail: ir002616@interramp.com
|Some men see things as they are and ask, "Why?" |
|I dream things that never were and ask, "Why not?" |
| --George Bernard Shaw |