Re: DNS Problem

Adam Dillaplain ( )
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:07:01 -0500

I may be alittle off target here, but I was told that the internal NT DNS
server was not for WAN use..i.e. it was designed to be authoritative on all
hosts, sorta the PDC of DNS lookups.

At 05:18 AM 6/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:12 PM 6/10/97 -0000, you wrote:
>>I am using NT's built-in DNS server. Are you sure it can use NAMED.ROOT ? I
>>looked at the contents of NAMED.ROOT and they are the same as those in the
>>DNS server's Cache ( Cache.dns ).
>>- Danny Sinang
>I will not lie to you, That is one DNS program I have not used, so I am
>afraid I can not be of any further assistance.
>Jeff Brissette
Internet Consulting -- Web Publishing
Waco, Texas
Phone: 888-407-0239
Adam Dillaplain
Providers of:
TexasINTERNET -- Waco's Leading Internet Service Provider
Private E-mail:
|Some men see things as they are and ask, "Why?" |
|I dream things that never were and ask, "Why not?" |
| --George Bernard Shaw |