Re: Microsoft Commercial Internet System

Troy T. Hall ( (no email) )
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:24:55 -0700

I'm using many components of MCIS and I can't comment on all of them as of
yet as I'm still getting the feel for them all, EXCEPT for MCIS news which
I have thrown in the trash bucket. This memory hungry pig of a program was
a pain to configure and I was never able to get it to run 100% to my
satisfaction.. I'm using DNEWs now and am very happy with it. Installed
quickly, easly, THE FIRST TIME, and my users love it. Uses 1/3 the memory
of Mcis News, and runs MUCH faster.

FWIW
Lemoore Computers and Internet Service
http://www.lemoorecomputers.com
TroyH@lemoorecomputers.com
209-925-1577
----------
> From: Frank Canode <fcanode@tcac.com>
> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: Microsoft Commercial Internet System
> Date: Monday, June 02, 1997 6:07 PM
>
> Hello to all.
>
> I'm new to the list so if I have missed discussions on this subject I
> apologize. I have looked through the archives and have found very little
> except a few comments on the beta versions of mail and news.
>
> We're about ready to start up a new ISP using NT Server and were
> considering MCIS as our software package. MS is currently pricing the
> entire suite(mail, news, chat, replication/personalization, membership)
at