Re: Emerald, Portmaster2e and USR modems - 56k possible?

Joe Bissot ( sysop@pcinternet.com )
Fri, 30 May 1997 01:53:06 -0700

In order to run X2 you lines have to be BRI, PRI or T1. BRI (normal ISDN)
is often the easiest as you just have to buy a MP8I or MP16I. If your local
telco can not handle BRI you are probably forced to use T1. For T1 you
would have to purchase a Total Control system (big bucks.) So if ISDN is
out of the question, "No you can not use your pm2e."

At 11:50 AM 5/28/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I feel doomed here, I have committed to Emerald, Livingston and USR. now I
want 56k and it seems impossible.