Re: Good Mail Server for NT?

BA ( ba@interconnect.net )
Thu, 29 May 1997 23:41:12 -0500

Well I will throw in my .02

To put it simply post.office sux...especially for large scale companies.

We started with post.office a long long time ago and have recently dumped
them for their lack of concern on certain security issues and their
disregard for the people that got them to where they are now. I want =
bore
you with the detail of the above.

This month we switched to NTMail and I must say that it is the BEST mail
server for NT that I have seen yet. For $1500 you can have an unlimited
license for everything, unlimited users, unlimited domains, unlimited
mailing lists. I think I saw one mention to this thread already about =
how
it is the only mail server that does REAL multi-domains... i.e. the mail
server gets another IP address and name and everything and nobody can =
even
tell it is a virtual mail server. As an admin the global mail list was a
much needed feature not found in post.office I have talked to the people
at NTMail and I can tell you that these people care about their =
customers.
The development plans sounds very good.....especially if you use
radiusNT.....one database to authenticate your users as well as their =
email
accounts, now that's scaling. Also, I hear in the next version out the
registry comes the user list....hats off their too.

As this thread started looking for the best mail server for NT...I would
have to say that with NTMail you get the MOST bang for you buck.

my .02