Re: dial-in protocols

Kent Runyan ( (no email) )
Thu, 29 May 1997 07:54:31 -0600

I have had to deal with this problem several times in the past months and
if a reboot of the customer's computer doesn't fix it here is another
option that will almost always fix it.

I have them remove the dial-up adapter from the network control panel,
restart the computer, reinstall the dial-up adapter and tcp/ip make sure
the correct settings are still in the tcp/ip dns configuration and then
restart the computer.

That works in probably 99% of the cases I have dealt with. The computer
recopies the dial-up adapter files from the win95 CD and aparently replaces
a file that has gone bad for whatever reason.

Kent Runyan, Operations Manager
Konnections, Inc.
2650 Washington Blvd. Ste 208
Ogden, UT 84401