Re: Can somebody explain this ?

Kurt Schafer ( (no email) )
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:46:29 -0400

Yes, but after looking at the structure a little more I don't actually want
negative amounts for invoices unless I want to put money into their
accounts.

On that note, in our old system users can apply partial payments and pay in
advance in which case the amount of the invoice gets deducted from that
value every month. In the Emerald system if I insert a negative invoice
into their history to reflect whatever balance that user might have on
credit with us do I need to then go in and generate a 'payment' for that
invoice to reflect that they indeed gave us the cash ?

(a little obtuse but I hope you get my drift)

P.S. Mind answering a little SQL Server question for me ? I'm wonderring if
the temp db in mem option in the server config (if set to
more than 0) needs to be set to the value the DB takes up on the hard disk
or can I simply tack on lets say 10 megabytes or so for added performance
and have the rest spill over onto the disk ?

Thanks.

- Kurt