Re: Can somebody explain this ?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:43:42 -0700

Kurt Schafer wrote:

> Yes, but after looking at the structure a little more I don't actually want
> negative amounts for invoices unless I want to put money into their
> accounts.

My previous query was wrong, sorry. It should have been:

Update MasterAccounts Set Balance = (0 - Balance)

I don't know what I was thinking. It was the blanace field that
you wanted to turn around.

> On that note, in our old system users can apply partial payments and pay in
> advance in which case the amount of the invoice gets deducted from that
> value every month. In the Emerald system if I insert a negative invoice
> into their history to reflect whatever balance that user might have on
> credit with us do I need to then go in and generate a 'payment' for that
> invoice to reflect that they indeed gave us the cash ?

Actually, the easiest way to do that is to create a negative charge.
Its just like a credit and will show up on the invoice as a line item
like that.

> P.S. Mind answering a little SQL Server question for me ? I'm
> wonderring if
> the temp db in mem option in the server config (if set to
> more than 0) needs to be set to the value the DB takes up on the hard disk
> or can I simply tack on lets say 10 megabytes or so for added performance
> and have the rest spill over onto the disk ?

No, its one or the other. Please note that tempdb needs to be atleast
10mb for Emerald 2.2, and really depends on your calls table and how
much
data you have in it.