Re: Need help with unix passwd file

Kurt Schafer ( (no email) )
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 15:13:33 -0400

Yes, I realize that the import is an over time process. I copied my
master.passwd file into my data directory (and renamed it to passwd) and
loaded up radius in -x15 mode.

When I performed a sample login, it appears to have hashed the password and
compared it to the encrypted password in the passwd file but they did not
match. I'm thinking our former admin might have played with the hash
routine on our unix box ?

If you could make some suggestions I would appreciate it. I've got Emerald
2.2.31 installed from the Beta directory (the one with the roaming servers
options) as well as the RadiusNT from the same directory.

I'm not sure where the 'password replace' option you mention can be found
unless it's a command line switch.

Thanks.