Re: Post.Office - Emerald 2.2.2

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 23:23:41 -0700

Tom Bilan wrote:

> I love consolidation, it's a great, and necessary, idea but when the FBI
> comes to my office with a subpoena asking for call detail records (and YES
> this happens to me once a month) I won't be able to
> give them what they need. I also use those records for other statistical
> reasons.

Your solution is simple. Don't run consolidation and everything
will be great. :) If the FBI is coming to your door once a month
I would say you might want to choose your customers a little better. :)

> Both of MY reasons have nothing to do with Emerald billing structure.
> Perhaps the easiest way to accomplish my goal is to set up a trigger on the
> calls table that inserts an identical record into the calls-keep database
> or some such thing. I can stumble around SQL so I should be able to get
> any info I need from there and be able to cut/paste it to a user if necessary.

Creating a trigger to move specific fields in a stop record to another
table
would work.

> Help on such a trigger would be welcome :)

Righ Click on the calls table, select triggers, and it will show you the
current trigger. You'll need to create your second table, and then
append
to the trigger something like:

Insert Into DupCalls(UserName, CallDate, AcctSessionTime)
Values (inserted.UserName, Inserted.CallDate, Inserted.AcctSessionTime)

The fields depend on which fields you want into the dup table.