Re: NTMail DLL and multiple mail domains??

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 00:02:20 -0700

Jeremy Domingue wrote:

> Dale,
>
> Do you have any plans of making the NTMail DLL support multiple e-mail
> "virtual" domains?
>
> For example, when we had set NTMail up the problem that we were having was that if
> someone sent e-mail to username@mail.tminet.com the mail would be rejected, and if it
> were sent to username@tminet.com it would be fine. By checking the DLL log, we found
> it to be that all of the users are configured under the tminet.com domain, so it would
> return a 'user unknown' under the mail.tminet.com domain.
>
> Basically what we need is some type of way to make the DLL translate *.tminet.com
> into tminet.com before it looks up the username or password. Is there any way we can
> do this now or in the near future?

I'll see what I can come up with. Most likely it wouldn't be a
*.tminet.com, but
we might be able to add anothe table to specify additional domains for a
group.
The reason is things are much more faster if an SQL query can match the
domain, rather than adding additional coding (which requires passing all
domains
to the DLL and parsing them for matches, defeating the SQL Server
design).