Re: Repost : Calls consolidation problem.

Tom Bilan ( tom@tdi.net )
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 20:18:04 -0400

You need to increase your tempdb. You can do this 2 ways (that I know of):

1) Increase the size of your master device and then increase the size of your
tempdb database accordingly. I think it starts at 2mb and I currently have
my cranked to a whopping 12mb. I think I'm going to jump mine up to about
50mb or more but I've only run out of tempdb space once or twice since I've
increased it to 12mb.

2) Put the tempdb in RAM. This is DANGEROUS if you specify the size
of the tempdb to be more than available RAM. Read your docs, caveat
emptor and all that stuff. This is done with the server configuration
options (right click on the server and click configure. It's toward
the bottom. The value of 0 means use the hard drive, anything bigger
means to use RAM.

---> Dale, is the SMALL problem of deleting a sub-account and having it
wipe out VERY important data for companies that bill by the hour and have
to keep these records for x years fixed on 2.1.11? Or do we wait for 2.2
for that also?

Tom