Re: Error during database creation

Philip Michael Blancett ( Phil@oakweb.com )
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 00:47:06 -0000

OK I'm approaching the mystified level rapidly....I deleted the device
within SEM and than I went into Emerald Admin to "delete the
database"...but ya know something kinda struck me that this move was
somewhat daredevilish.

Dale wrote >>> make sure you deleted the file after deleting the database.

If I go into Emerald Admin and click on "delete Database" than I am going
to effect my primary database..and I don't think that is what you mean..
But I did go into SEM and delete the database there. And than into
explorer and deleted the file there. And it still gives me the same error.
I have reviewed several chapters in the SQL book about database creation,
and I can create a new database..I just can't do it through Emerald. I am
trying to do this so I can set up a subscribing and publishing SQL servers.
If it is possible to create a database and than do a transfer than I can
go that route I guess. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx