AW: EMERALD.DAT Backup

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 19:35:57 +0200

Hi Mark,

while 1. + 2. should work fine, your optin 3. DOES NOT produce a backup
that is of any value!!!!

The best way is to dump the database (as you suggested in 1.) to a tape
or to disk. Here's how I do my manual backup if I have to (automatic
backup and check is done every night with SQL EXEC)

; truncate the transaction log

dump transaction Emerald with truncate_only
go

; dump database to file IMMEDIATELY (modify UNC according
; to your needs, remember that SQL must not be running as
; system user for this dump to work to another machine's drives)

dump database Emerald to disk = '\\sangpdc\temp\emerald9706100.dat' with
init, stats=5

-
Peter A. Sang
SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany
T: +49-201-82020-0 * F:-40 * http://sang.net * mailto:pesa@sang.net
* Microsoft Solution Provider * Intel Systems Integrator *