Re: Windows 95 Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:59:37 -0700

Ryan Smith wrote:

> If I dial into the system at night from home, via Radius/Emerald/Portmaster
> connection, is it possible to run the remote (??) Emerald from my laptop to
> see who is online, etc? Or, do I need to install RAS and a modem on the
> server itself that has Emerald (main copy) running?
>
> Also, what do I need to do on the laptop to get Emerald on? Just install
> SQL and then Emerald? Or is there something "a little bit more" than
> that??

You need to install the SQL client utilities (run setup.exe just like
you are installing SQL Server) and Emerald.

If you assigned address for dialup is not in the same class c
as your SQL Server, you need to make sure you laptop is pointing
to the same WINS server your SQL Server is.

You can just dial right into the PM and everything should work
fine.