RE: Long Authentification Delay Time

Brian Krabach ( )
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:43:59 -0400

Which version of software are you using on the MAX? Apparently, Ascend fixed the problem that caused this in version 5.0Ap8 and higher...

Brian Krabach
Vice President Engineering
GlassCity Internet, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Knight [SMTP:RadAdmin@Express-Connect.Net]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 1997 1:09 AM
To: Emerald Mail-List (E-mail); NTISP Mail-List (E-mail)
Subject: Long Authentification Delay Time

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has in the past, or currently does, =
experience extended authentication periods running Emerald with RadiusNT =
is ODBC only mode. In other words, when I have a user dial-in, the =
modem on my MAX connects immediately, but, it can take up to a minute to =
verify the user name and password. This is happening when this is next =
to no traffic on the network. That sure seems to be a long time to me! =
Especially when I have the MAX connected through a 10bastT switch =
instead of a hub. The switch then connects to the server via a =
100baseTX hub.

Any suggestions?

NT 4.0 (Build 1381-SP3) - MS SQL Server 6.5 - RadiusNT V 1.16.60
Emerald Client 2.1.8 - Emerald Admin 2.1.0 - Serv-U V2.2 32 Bit
MailSite Version 1.2.2 - NAS Ascend MAX 4000
Mark A. Knight - PC Express, Inc=20