Re: ntmail.dll

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 05 Jun 1997 10:35:17 -0700

David Kerr wrote:

> Ok, i have corrected my error with connecting to the db (UserName
> problem)<duh>, ntmail dll loads now.
>
> All the log files (ntmail and the ntmail dll registry log) show
> everything
> starting ok but nothing will authenticate.
>
> I ran the query of Select * from externalsystems but nothing was
> returned.
>
> Do i need to configure an external system in the Emerald Administrator?
> If so what should i use for values?

Yes. You need to create an External System of type NTMail. This type
may not be available for Emerald 2.1 systems.

If you don't have the new Admin which systems the ESIDs or has the
NTMail type, execute this script at it will create and show you
the ESID:

Insert Into ExternalSystems(Name, Type, Description, SmartHost,
Accounts, PostMaster, Password, FormID, WorkDir, LogFile)
VALUES("NTMail", 4, "NTMail", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, "", "")
GO

Select ExternalSystemID, Name
From ExternalSystems
Where Type = 4