Re: ntmail.dll

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 04 Jun 1997 20:29:58 -0700

David Kerr wrote:

> I have ntmail installed and i can pop and send mail to the default
> account it created called root.
>
> I installed the ntmail dll per your text file but i didn't know what to do
> with the registry setting of
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\RadiusNT\EISD
>
> It refers to the External System ID for Emerald Administrator 2.2, i'm
> runing 2.1 of administrator and 2.18 of the client.
>
> The log files for ntmail say this (pop3 and Smtp)
>
> Could not attach to emer_ntm.dll.
>
> Of course the mail client won't authenticate through the db.
>
> Let me know what other info would be helpfull.

Open up isql_w (or SQEM) and execute the query:

Select * From ExternalSystems

and it will show you the ExternalSystemID (ESID) for
your NTMail ES. That number is what you need to put
into the registry.

If you can't attach to the DB, you might have a problem
with the other registry settings, though. Define a logfile
entry in the registry and see what the logfile contents are
when you try to start one of the services (like POP or SMTP).