Re: Newbie question on evaluation installation

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 31 May 1997 11:52:53 -0700

dsims@main.rosenet.net wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I have just installed the Emerald eval. When I login to Emerald to
> Accounts tab is blank. Also when I login to Emerald Admin the
> Services tab is blank.
>
> What step did I miss?

None. You have been hit by the new tab syndrome. :(

MS/Sheridan released a new version of the tabctl32.ocx file and
its really causing some problems. I have verified that its not just
Emerald (was starting to pull my hair out here). Emerald 2.2
gets around some of the problems, but missing objects on tabs
(which appear when you go back), the blank first tab, and non-3d
appearance seem to be the common issues.

If you expand the old tabctl32.ocx from the Emerald distribution,
you can replace the one on your system (ren the existing one
first) while using Emerald. If you don't use Interdev, VB5, or
some of the other dev packages, then using the older control
will not affect your system.

We should be making the beta of Emerald 2.2 available soon
and it uses the new tab control and solves the blank tab issue,
but not the missing objects/refresh issue.