Re: new kid on the block

Serge Stein/i2Tech ( )
26 Dec 96 17:16:02 EDT

graab wrote:
> Greetings,
> We have just loaded version radnt_49 and can run it for authentication
> purposes from the command line (radius -x15) and it seems to run like a
> charm (Hooray! ditch the PMConsole). We want to set up to run it as a
> service under winnt 4.0 but the registry text that comes with this version
> of radius only says "when -install is used to install RadiusNT as a service
> it will create the Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\radiusNT
> well, when we do -install radius from the command line, it does nothing.

Running Radius as a service, has no screen interface, yet. Dale is
working on that. It runns totaly in the bacground as a "SERVICE". To
modify the way it runs must be done by manipulating the system registery
(see registery.txt in your radius dir).

Also read some of the past messages.

> don't know if I'm missing the poing (most likely) or am suffering from
> brain death (quite possible) but could someone clue me in to what we're
> doing wrong over here. I'd love to get this up and running and then
> implement the accounting aspects of Radius.
> TIA for any and all opinions/help in this matter.
> Gale A. Raab
> -
> RadiusNT Mailing list (

RadiusNT Mailing list (