Re: Accounting is OK, but not Authentication

Chan Kah Sing ( kahsing@nlb.gov.sg )
Tue, 06 May 1997 18:35:43 +0800

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

>Chan Kah Sing wrote:
>>
>> I have tried to get and read as much documentation I can get but I still
>> encountered a problem of Radius not authenticating, but accounting is
>> OK. I have tried for many days to get by many other problems, but have
>> reached a stage that I don't know what to do. I just cannot get it to
>> authenticate from the Access database. Can anyone help? Thanks.
>
>The majic question is *WHAT* does RadiusNT show in -x15
>debug mode when a user tries to authenticate? With that, we
>can help you solve the problem.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

Sorry for following-up the second time. When I used the MAX4000 to
dial-up, the following message show in -x15:

NAS-Identifier = 10.14.2.2
NAS-Port = 20102
State = ""
Frame-Address = 10.14.3.93
Acct-Session-Id = "215052"
rad-authenticate_ODBC()
Challenge-Response = "\001\306\030\2277\276."S4U\350N\242*\311\360"
Decrypted Password: (some funny ASCII characters)
Allocating Statement...

SQL Statement: Select DateAdd('d', ma.extension, maExpireDate), etc.
etc.

Freeing SQL Statement...
LOG: User: kahsing Not found

User: kahsing Not found
Sending Reject of id 204 to a0e0202 (MAX4000)

Response Time: 641

Could it be CHAP? I set the MAX to use either CHAP or PAP. Thanks.