Re: Accounting is OK, but not Authentication

Chan Kah Sing ( kahsing@nlb.gov.sg )
Tue, 06 May 1997 18:14:00 +0800

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

>Chan Kah Sing wrote:
>>
>> I have tried to get and read as much documentation I can get but I still
>> encountered a problem of Radius not authenticating, but accounting is
>> OK. I have tried for many days to get by many other problems, but have
>> reached a stage that I don't know what to do. I just cannot get it to
>> authenticate from the Access database. Can anyone help? Thanks.
>
>The majic question is *WHAT* does RadiusNT show in -x15
>debug mode when a user tries to authenticate? With that, we
>can help you solve the problem.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

I dialed into my USR NetServer/16 and I have two RadiusNT servers
running. The primary runs 1.16.49 and the secondary is 1.16.60. I
tried to observe the messages under -x15 and the following was observed:

(a) Using 1.16.49 (with userlist on text file) as the primary and
1.16.60 (with userlist on MS Access) as the secondary, the UserID cannot
be validated and a dialog box pops out of Win 95 asking for a correct
password (as if that the password is wrong). There was absolutely no
message on -x15.

(b) When I changed 1.16.60 (with userlist on MS Access) as the primary
and 1.16.49 (with userlist on text file), authentication worked.