Re: NT Server Tools w/Intelliserver PowerRack

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 01:32:30 -0700

Douglas Tuttle wrote:
> Has anyone out there been able to get Computone's Powerrack to support the
> NT Server Tools? I have been in touch with another ISP using a similiar
> configuration (NT 4.0 and Intelliserver Powerrack) and they are having the
> same problem as well. Cannot map network drives either.
> Sorry this isn't a Radius question (that battle has already been won), but
> this is definitely the place to get some help on this issue.

This has nothing to do with the CompuTone. Its just a PPP provider.
need to configure your dialup client (Win95/NT) for the proper MS
client and be able to attach to the machine you want to control. One of
includes logging in (to the client network, not the computone) as a
person who
exists on the machine you want to control. The other has to do with
able to SEE That machine. TYpically this involves either WINS (best
or some sort of lmhosts entry.