Re: SQL and RadiusNT READ THIS ONE FIRST!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 18:41:11 -0700

Sam Dibrell, Jr. wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I was visited by the spirit of RadiusNT shortly after composing the last
> message, changed the SQL ODBC driver to not use a trusted connection and
> checked the connection again. BINGO. SOOO, ignore that stuff. New
> problem though:
>
> I am seeing response times of no less than 2000ms. The average was
> probably around 3500ms for an ACK from the SQL. Experience tells me that
> if left to run, around 5:00 radius (or the portmasters) will back up and
> stop authenticating. Any ideas on the latency?

If i understand the situation, your ODBC DSN points to and MS Access
database, that has linked tables to SQL Server? If so, thats the
problem.
Plainly, Jet sucks. I've seen 5-12 SECOND response times on average
from Access 7.0. Linked tables is only going to make it worse. You
need
to use the SQL Server ODBC driver and hit the SQL Server tables directly
w/out the jet engine to get real performance.