Re: Authenticating

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 23:33:46 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Ted Olson wrote:

> Good idea. Our indication is that the service is running (by looking in
> control panel, or typing net start, or 'net stop radius' (service stopped),
> then 'net start radius' (service started) ... but at that point we can
> *still* run it from a command prompt! Another reply suggested removing and
> then installing the RadiusNT service, sounds like another good idea.

I think I just figured this out (ding, light comes on). You said
you upgraded from 1.16.NT, which used srvany. Therefore, what is
starting as a service is SRVANY, and RadiusNT is not starting
(probably because of a config problem). So the service says it
starts, but RadiusNT itself did not start.

The best solution was my previous post. Uninstall the sarvany
service, and have RadiusNT 1.16.60 install itself natively as a
service.

Dale