Re: I know what probably happened....

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 01:21:34 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Jeff Woods wrote:

> Dale, look through the subscription records recently. You'll likely find
> that someone has done an Email spoof that caused ANOTHER mailing list to
> get subscribed to our RADIUSNT mailing list. This is the latest in
> practical jokes, and has happened on several other lists recently.
> Unsubscribing the ONE address that corresponds to the other mailing list
> will likely solve everyone's problem.
>
> The trick is to figure out which list it is...what address....

Actually its real easy with NTMail. You see NTMail send EACH
message to EACH user seperately. If you expand the full headers
fo the mail you get from tyhe list, you will see a header like:

This tells you WHO NTMail sent the message to. Therefore, all
anyone needs to do is tell me THAT address, and its solved.

Dale

PS. That address is also VERY useful, if you want to leave
the list, and forgot what address you joined with.