Help needed to configure Radius to talk with Computone

L. Sun ( (no email) )
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 12:08:03 -0800

I am using Computone as an expansion. Right now I can dial to the computone
with computone local user. but I can not make it talk to our Radius server.
Although the Radius server work great with cisco 2511.

I use radius .52 with access database. On the server table, I added the
computone host name and secret. I have two questions

1. One is Radius CHAP Secret on computone. I thought it should be PAP?
2. In Server table, I added one more record for the computone.

Are there any other things I should do?

At 03:10 AM 2/21/97 EST, you wrote:
>>At 09:53 PM 2/20/97 EST, you wrote:
>>>Hi there, I'm new to the list, so this may be an old question (I
>>>find an answer from the archives) so here goes...
>>>I'm using a computone with an nt4 server. Radius is serving great,
>>As far as I know, the only way to do that is by using
>>the database version of Radius. PS, we have
>>Livingston Products and are considering computone for
>>expansion. What is your opinion of the product.
>>RadiusNT Mailing list (
>So far I like it; but I am new to all of this server stuff, so I can't
>I am finding I wish for a larger array of radius attributes. As eg,
>there is no value for idle-timeout and session-timeout. Perhaps they
>will ad these in upgrades. The tech support is very good!! I would get
>a list of what you need it to be able to do and compare.
>-------john cummings
>RadiusNT Mailing list (
L. Sun

Webmaster and System Administrator