Re: Not authenticating

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 11:58:28 -0800

Ted Olson wrote:

> >You have an error somewhere in your users file. Run RadiusNT in -x15
> >mode and see how many users it loads in. Most likely its a low number. Find
> >the next user accout and I'll bet there is a problem with it. Check
> >spelling, case, etc.
>
> Actually, I don't think that's it. We solved the problem with a workaround,
> by starting 'radius -x15 -A' at the same time that it's also already running
> as a service (which may be irrelevant). That gets our users back on line,
> but it's a step we didn't used to have to do. All users are loading with no
> errors (using -x15). Any other ideas?

You can NOT run to RadiusNT instances on the same machine at the same
time.
Only one can bind to the port, and the second one will error and stop.
I really don't think your service is ever starting, and the information
you
posting supports that theory. The foreground server is the one actually
running.