Re: Not authenticating

Ted Olson ( tolson@ocsnet.net )
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 09:38:01 -0800

At 01:58 PM 4/2/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Ted Olson wrote:
>>
>> We have just discovered an apparent authenticating problem, seems that the
>> users file is not being read and no callers are gaining access.
>>
>> We upgraded to 1.16.60 last week, and all has been running fine until
>> yesterday. At that time we noticed that new names just added to the users
>> file were not authenticating, while older names in the list were OK.

>You have an error somewhere in your users file. Run RadiusNT in -x15
>mode and see how many users it loads in. Most likely its a low number. Find
>the next user accout and I'll bet there is a problem with it. Check
>spelling, case, etc.

Dale,

Actually, I don't think that's it. We solved the problem with a workaround,
by starting 'radius -x15 -A' at the same time that it's also already running
as a service (which may be irrelevant). That gets our users back on line,
but it's a step we didn't used to have to do. All users are loading with no
errors (using -x15). Any other ideas?

Thanks,
-Ted

Ted Olson President, System Manager OCSNet
OCS Software, Inc. tolson@ocssoft.com http://www.ocssoft.com
Olson Computer Services tolson@ocsnet.net http://www.ocsnet.net
Phone 209.781.4123 Fax 209.781.3718 Porterville, CA USA