Re: Radius

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 00:18:45 -0800

Mark Williamson wrote:

> I'd like to add the ability to interface with RADIUS into my program.
> However, I understand that each vendor has a different way of implimenting
> the user file and log file, is this correct? Is there not a standard
> format? How many different RADIUS security/accounting servers are there for
> NT anyway?

The main one is the Livingston refernce model. This is what RadiusNT in
text mode follows. There are several proprietary implementations,
including
our ODBC interface (which is the most powerful).

However, I will forewarn that RadiusNT can NOT be used with any
commercial
billing system (besides Emerald) unless licensed to do so.