Re: Radius Help...

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:03:10 -0500

I don't know if anyone responded to you or not, but you might want to make
sure that your "secret" is set correctly on the Radius server as well as
the Max 4004. Also, make sure that "Require Secret" is checked under
Accounting in RadiusNT Admin. If you are running RadiusNT as a service and
you made changes to the Admin, make sure you stop the RadiusNT service and
restart it. If you're running it from the command prompt, stop RadiusNT,
then restart it.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

----------
From: Rafiq Patel <rpatel@kwik.net>
To: 'radiusnt@emerald.iea.com'
Subject: Radius Help...
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 1997 7:45 PM

Hi you all:

We are experiencing a bizarre problem with our MAX 4004/Radius NT
configuration. Here is the problem:

A user dials in and gets a modem. The two modems will negotiate and then
the connection drops. At the user end, Win95 dialup adapter display an
error messages saying that the password has been incorrect and retry.
Sometimes, it would just say you've been disconnected from the remote
system.

The status window on the MAX 4004 logs an error as LAN security error.
Now, I'm 100% sure that the password being entered is correct. This
happens not just for one or two customers but many many customers. People
eventually get in after a few tries.

I'm running RadiusNT 60(1). The MAX is running 4.6Cp15. RadiusNT is NOT
using ODBC. It's running in "0" mode. I've also checked all the debug
options through the Radadmn and double checked the registry - which has
value of 15 for debug. I'm NOT seeing any logfile from RadiusNT though.
Does RadiusNT log anything? I am getting accounting from radius but
accounting does not include the bad calls.

Please help as this is getting very urgent!!!

Oh, one more piece of info. The MAX syslog also display LAN security error
for the failed calls!

Thanks very much in advance,
Rafiq Patel
Radiant Communications