Re: Ignore Case Option

Nolan W. Bailey, Jr. ( nolan@cp-tel.net )
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 22:03:25 -0600

Dale,

Will you build in a case sensitivity option for the username and password in
a upcoming release of RadiusNT?

Currently, users can get around concurrency control if they use a
different case or a mixed case for their username...

Someone logged in as "jim" can get around concurrency control if another
user calls and logs in as "Jim", "JIM", or "jiM"... but, if the try lowercase
"jim" again... concurrency control does its job.

--Nolan

At 01:29 PM 3/17/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Nolan W. Bailey, Jr. wrote:
>>
>> Can you give some tips about how to change the backend.... so that
usernames
>> are case sensitive when logging in with RadiusNT?
>>
>> We're running ODBC 3.0 with Access 95.
>
>With SQL Server, its a config options. With Access, I have no idea.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

:: Nolan W. Bailey, Jr. nolan@cp-tel.net
:: System Administrator, CP-Tel Network Services

:: Visit my webpage: http://www.cp-tel.net/nolan