Re: Actually NT NEWS Server

Tommy Cheng ( tommycheng@pcmagic.net )
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 20:18:42 -0800

That's too rich for me. I strip the disk with no parity. Forget RAID
5. Well, actually, I use FreeBSD with INND and AHA3940. I make 3 ccds
with 3 x 2GB HDD on each ccd and slice my news spool across those 3
ccds. It's amazingly fast. But then, we are talking about NT news
server here. I tried DNEWS and I didn't like it that much. It's easy
to set up though. Took me less than 5 minutes to receive full feed.